Saturday, July 28, 2012

Rocky Mountain High

Emily and Me :)
I'm home again! After a good 4 weeks of traveling over the last month-ish I have to admit that I'm glad to be home. However, I had a great time visiting family and friends!! This post I dedicate to my friend Emily, who I visited in Colorado. She and I were roommates in college for a year, and it was great to spend time with her and her husband, Ryan! So here's a little about what we were up to during my visit...

Being so close to the Rocky Mountains we had to take advantage and go exploring! So one day we took the 4-wheel drive truck up to a place called Rollins Pass. The roads were super duper bumpy and there were huge mud puddles, so of course we drove through them!! :) We found some gorgeous lakes and the scenery was just stunning. The temperature was a lot cooler, too! We went from the 90's at the house to in the 50's on the mountains. It was a lovely little relief! On the way up we saw a German restaurant called Westfalen Hof and decided to go back and eat there for supper on the way home. We did have a little hiccup though...the bumpy roads jiggled the truck's air filter right off! So we had to get that taken care of before we kept on, but it all worked out. I was excited to eat German food, and was even more excited when I found out that the staff was actually from Germany! Our server was actually from Switzerland, but he spoke German. I got a delicious pork meal, the name of which I can't remember, but I did go ahead and try to say it when I ordered! It was a fun time :)

We also took a drive up to Estes Park and the Rocky Mountain National Park another day. It's just gorgeous in the Rockies!! I loved being in the mountains again...felt like home in a way. The Rockies are different from the Andes, but they're still big beautiful mountains! We saw some elk that were grazing, so that was cool.

Other activities included swimming, shooting an air soft pellet hand gun, eating deer steak (yum!), watching “Brave,” and going to IKEA (I had major sensory overload in there! Craziness!). All in all it was a great time!! I'm working on convincing them to visit me in Germany... Any others are welcome to join!

The 10th of August, the day I'm supposed to be arriving in Germany, is in two weeks from yesterday. What?!?! How did this happen?! I'm telling you, time is a slippery sneaky thing! It hasn't quite hit me yet...I think it might feel like a brick wall when it does... Good news, though! As of today I'm at 59% of funding! Yahoo! Praising the Lord for this progress and thanking all of you who have partnered with me in this way! Last night I had the pleasure of sharing with a group of friends, and that went well, I think. I'm thankful for the encouragers, prayers, and givers! So many amazing people that I know! As I mentioned, there are just 2 weeks left until I'm supposed to be boarding a plane, but I'm still 31% away from being able to do that. That equates to about $540/month that I still need to raise to get to 90%, and $720/month to get to 100%. Would you be willing to partner with me financially? If so, you can donate online following the link that is on the sidebar (there is a PayPal fee deducted for every transaction, FYI), or you can print the pledge form by following the link to the right, filling it out, and sending it to TeachBeyond. You can also contact me if you have any questions!
Thanks friends!

Psalm 95:3-4
For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also.

No comments:

Post a Comment