Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Poem

So I've been sorting through a bunch of papers and junk that's lying in my room, and besides the precious letters that I found from a bunch of 2nd graders (I will miss them so much!!), I found this poem that I wrote a couple years ago. It's not some fabulous specimen of poetic artistry or anything, but maybe someone will be encouraged by it...


Up, my heart!
Desert this bog of despair 
that would you devour,
ever seeking to clamp its jaws,
a vile dog desperate for the kill.
Light, that double-edged sword,
swings swift and true,
piercing the jackal's maw,
extracting poison-tipped lies.
Grow angel's wings
and soar to heaven!
Tread the streets of gold.
Be not troubled for
tomorrow's mourning,
but clothe yourself,
daughter of Sharon,
in rosy hues of delight.
Run free in wild ecstasy,
hope pounding in your ears,
and rest assured
in fearless sleep
that dawn will glisten
off the morning dew
your feathers will not weep.

No comments:

Post a Comment