Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Great Things He Has Done

How do I even start this blog post? So much has happened in such a short period of time. God has proven to me that time limits are no match for him!! This past weekend I reached 97% of funding!!! What?!?! It's incredible!! I started planning like I would be leaving this week, but I also was quite prepared to have to wait a little longer...an option I thought was more likely. Just being honest here. I knew God could pull it off if He wanted to...I just didn't know if He wanted to!! Sometimes God's timing isn't quite what we think it should be, and that's ok, cause let's face it, God knows better. But He just blew my doubts out of the water this time! What an amazing confirmation and provision! I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father for this great gift, and I'm thankful to all you His children for joining this work and partnering with me!! THANK YOU!! My plane tickets have been purchased, and I will be heading out early in the morning on Thursday, August 9th. Wow.

Last Hurrah at Greenhouse Grill with great friends!
I now sit amidst a bunch of boxes, suitcases, piles of stuff, trash bags, etc. I completely took over the living room (sheepish grin aimed at my very gracious parents :), and have been in a process of sorting, throwing out, packing, unpacking, repacking, and generally running around in a bewildered and flustered manner. So much to do! I feel sort of like the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland...I'm not late, but I feel rushed! It's especially difficult because I want to spend as much quality time with loved ones as possible before I leave, as well. I've been saying goodbyes to friends, having “last hurrah” get togethers, eating at some of my favorite places before I leave, and the like. My last day at church was this past Sunday, and I had the honor of being prayed for in both services by our interim pastor. I was able to spend some time with my little brother Caleb yesterday, catching crawdads in the creek, eating milkshakes, and watching a movie. I don't even like to think about saying goodbye to my parents and siblings. I already said goodbye to my brother John when I was in California. It's no fun. After all these years of saying goodbye it doesn't get much easier. Please pray for me in this difficult time of busy-ness, chaos, and sorrow, as well as excitement for all that is coming. Pray for peace, comfort, and strength for myself and my family as I have my last day here in Arkansas. Pray for travel mercies (and luggage mercies haha) as I embark on this journey. I appreciate it! It is wonderful to know that I am not alone in this...I am accompanied by my Father God and by many of you in prayers and thoughts.

I would try to write more, but it's nearly 1:00am and my brain is fried. Please forgive me for the shortish post on such a crazy-awesome few days that deserve more, or at least better, words. The next time I post it will hopefully be from Germany!!

Auf Wiedersehen!

Ephesians 3:20-21
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment