Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Go Team!


I am happy to report that the car wash went great on Saturday!! We started setting up at about 8:45am, and packing up at 4:45pm, and once cars started coming in they just kept coming! We were super busy all day long, which was awesome but very tiring! By the end of the day we were plumb tuckered! But what a blessing! I would like to say a HUGE thank you to all of you who helped make it possible...some people came in shifts, some people stayed all day long, some people helped buy supplies...ALL of you were amazing!!! I am so grateful for the experience of getting to work alongside you guys. I also would like to thank all you people who got your car washed!! There was a great turn-out, and I appreciate your generous donations! We brought in $575! Praise the Lord! What a team! I've included several pics at the bottom so you can see a little of our car wash day.

This next weekend I have a couple things happening, too. On Saturday I will be having a dessert at a good friend's house with ladies from her church. I will be presenting my ministry to them, and at some point to their church mission board as well. On Sunday I will be talking to all the adult Sunday School classes at my church during a brunch, giving some more details about the journey to Germany and answering questions. I ask that you please pray for these events, that the Lord would give me the right words to say and that He would prepare the hearers.

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day (if you are in the States)! My family got together along with a friend of mine, and we grilled steaks, had a campfire in our back yard, and played Farkle. It was lovely. :)

John 15:16
“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.”

 



 




2 comments:

  1. The carwash was fun! Granted, I'd be happy to not look closely at a car interior for the next few months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, Melissa! Way to go :)

    ReplyDelete