Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Car Washes, Coffee Bars, and Soccer

Happy Summer Vacation! Well, if you are on the same schedule as Siloam Springs, anyways :)

Saturday, May 26!! Car wash at Community Christian Fellowship in Siloam Springs!! 9:30-3:00! Come out and treat your car to a hand-wash! There will be two different kinds of washes:

Regular (by donation)
-exterior wash
-seat in the shade

VIP (minimum $15)
-exterior wash
-interior wipe-down
-interior windows
-vacuum
-seat in the shade
-complimentary bottle of water

The address is 525 S. Lincoln St., Siloam Springs, AR 72761. I would love to see you there!

This last Sunday I had the honor of being introduced to my church congregation and let them know just a tad of where I'm going and what I'll be doing. Hopefully I'll get a chance to talk to some Sunday school classes a bit more in depth about it, as well. One thing the church has decided to do to help me on my way is to give donations from their coffee bar to my ministry account. The coffee bar has been a project they've been developing over the last several months, and it's pretty cool! There are a variety of coffees, syrups, creamers, tea, hot chocolate, and pastries. Yum! Anyone is welcome to whatever is available, for free, but donations are welcome. We get to serve people, which creates a great opportunity to talk and get to know people better. Donations have been going towards a mission trip to Thailand that a group from church is making, but since they are leaving at the end of this month, the donations will start going towards my journey to BFA. I'm so excited to get involved and meet people and make coffee! I started learning the ins and outs of it on Sunday and really enjoyed myself. So praise God for this opportunity!

Soccer time!!
My dad, Cliff Peters, works part of his time with the Institute for Biblical Community Development, and some of that includes teaching at their Center for Integral Mission during summer courses. They get a wide variety of students, some come from other countries, some from other states, and some locals. Last night we had the students over at our house for supper, and I just loved it! Internationals, MKs, and others all in one house eating Filipino food and playing soccer in our front yard! Yes, it was awesome.

I would like to ask you all to continue to pray for me during this process of preparation to go to Germany. There are a lot of things to plan for and work on, and sometimes it's overwhelming! Please pray for God's peace and reassurance as I seek to follow His will, and for everything to come together on time. Pray that God will continue to develop a strong team of partners in prayer and support, that we would work together to bring Him glory in our lives and ministries. Thank you!

Numbers 6:24-26
“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.”

2 comments:

  1. I'm actually really looking forward to helping with the car wash! Hope we get tons of people stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you can help out! Thanks! I'm excited! I hope we get lots of traffic through there, too!

      Delete