Monday, April 23, 2012

Fun Factoids

Salutations!

I hope you all are doing just dandy! I didn't have work today but I got mountains of laundry done, baked a cake, did some other house work, wrote some emails, and played several rounds of Draw Something...altogether a productive day for me. :)

I thought of some fun bits of info that I thought you might like to know about...so here they are!

#1 – My dad became a Christian after watching a film at a Good Friday service...this film was by the Janz Brothers, who are the same ones who founded TeachBeyond, the mission I am going with to Germany! I think it's pretty special that I get to serve with the mission that helped bring my father to the Lord!

The Kaesebiers
#2 – This little factoid is probably one that many of us have in common...I have German ancestors. While that may not be so unique, I'm pretty excited to be going to the motherland! =P Here is a pic of my great-great-great grandparents on my dad's side, the Kaesebiers. They emigrated from Germany to Canada way back when. I'd love to find out about what area in Germany they are from and possibly take a trip to visit during some time off.

#3 – My apologies for not getting the word out about this sooner, but to make things a bit more convenient for many of you, you can donate to the ministry I'll be doing online! You can find the link to the page on the right sidebar, right under the contact information section. Also, you can find a printable pledge form on the same page if you'd like to send any donations in by mail. Once again, I'd like to invite you to participate in the ministry with me, and one important way to do that is through financial support. I have 3 months left before I'm supposed to pack up and head to Germany, and still have a ways to go financially in order to make that happen. So I ask that you prayerfully consider joining me in this way. Questions? Ask!

#4 – Apple Oatmeal cake is the bomb. Randomly started thinking about it today so I had to make one! It is delicioso! And I don't feel like I'm eating cake cause it has oatmeal and apple in it...which means I can eat double the amount. If you want to try it, I can send you the recipe!

#5 – Ever thought about doing overseas missions yourself?? Black Forest Academy is still in need of staff and faculty for the coming school year. If you are interested or know anyone that is, please visit their website for more details! www.bfacademy.com

#6 – If you have never heard of The Piano Guys, you should look them up. They are awesome!! This is one of my fave songs of theirs. Enjoy!


 

4 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOOOOOVE that Piano Guys song! I could listen to it all day long. And how did you get that pic of our greeeeeeaaaat grandparents? I don't remember seeing that one. Or recognize the name, for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's part of a bigger pic of the whole family that Dad has. I guess he got them on one of his trips up to Canada.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete